If you're embarrassed past your spelling, need to meliorate it for a better job, had a terrible experience at school, or your kids demand help — you're non alone.

How to Spell is hither for you.

spelling lessons

How to Spell

spelling exercises spelling quizzes

How to Spell

spelling%2Bbooks

How to Spell

It's never as well late to improve spelling. Spelling tin can be learned.

How to Spell has been helping adults learn spelling for over 10 years. Joanne Rudling has been teaching spelling, literacy and English for over 20-five years. How to Spell and Joanne are here to help you gain confidence in spelling and then you tin get the job and preparation you want, improve your electronic mail communication, help your kids, and express yourself in social media comments.

Testimonials

Hi Joanne, thanks for the emails, they really help keep me on rails. (click hither to Subscribe for gratis email lessons). I do a little everyday and accept purchased your Spelling Rules Workbook, which is peachy. I am slowly but surely changing my deep set up conventionalities of "I can't spell" to "my spelling is improving all the fourth dimension". I am so grateful for your emails website and volume. Many thanks, Beccy, UK

Thanks for all your emails. I do every day. I've just completed the GCSE English language class with a much improved grade. Your spelling form has developed my knowledge, skills and confidence with the English linguistic communication. Nigel H. UK (developed learner)

You might think spelling is crazy only the adept news is in that location are rules, patterns and reasons why some words are spelled the mode they are. So it'southward important to learn the rules, notice the patterns, starting time taking an interest in words, know the history, and proceeds confidence in your spelling. And then you'll learn to beloved it.

Spelling matters. We need to write emails, awarding forms, Facebook, Twitter, course piece of work, work reports, and helping your children. You need to exist able to spell correctly to get your pregnant across and so people tin can understand you.

Using a expert dictionary and the spellchecker on the computer tin aid but it won't assistance with homophones (same sound, different spelling and meaning: there, their, they're; to, besides, two; been, bean.) Or silent messages.

Spelling Rules_ to improve spelling & confidence.png

This Spelling Rules course is for both British and American English language users, especially native speakers, who experience embarrassed by their spelling, and haven't really had to use spelling much but now because of emails, social media, writing reports, etc., suddenly need to amend spelling for piece of work, preparation, and to improve task prospects.

NEW

Spelling Sounds and Patterns Course.png

Spelling Sounds and Patterns: to improve spelling, reading & pronunciation


Learning how speech sounds connect to spelling is 1 of the foundation blocks of learning to spell. Learning to spell well isn't about using one method. It'due south a circuitous subject area that needs various methods and approaches to learn it well.

You demand to learn how sounds, alphabetic character patterns, history, structure of words, and rules are all connected and influence the spelling of words.

This course will

Copy of Spelling Rules_ to improve spelling & confidence.png

How to Punctuate Spelling: to amend spelling & writing volition give yous even more than spelling knowledge and conviction to spell, write and get your meaning beyond.

This is ideal for both American & British English users who need to sympathize and "primary" the tricky punctuation marks nosotros put in spellings, especially apostrophes.

How to Spell tin can help you lot improve your spelling then you can:
✓ Write confidently
✓ Meliorate your chore prospects
✓ Be able to spell that perfect discussion that sums up how yous feel - a word that will get you the job, an interview, your coin back, your personality across, etc.

BEST SELLER

spelling+rules+workbook

Spelling Rules Workbook
a pace-by-step guide to the rules of English spelling


(suitable for British and American users)

Learn all almost rules, such as drop the 'e', magic 'e' silent 'e', 1:1:i doubling up rule, al, el, le rule, adding ly, y to i rules, -ck, -k, -ke rules, silent letter rules, prefix rules and much more.

Learning spelling rules is important because they

1.  add to your spelling knowledge
two.  explicate why we have "strange" letter patterns
3.  assist you lot understand why spelling is the way information technology is

For more data nigh this book - click hither

spelling strategies book

Spelling Strategies & Secrets: The essential how to spell guide

Spelling Strategies & Secrets is packed full of useful tips to help you call back your spellings, and myth-busting facts to help you understand spelling.

It's ideal for anyway frustrated with spelling, who needs to know how to remember spellings, and why spelling is the style it is.

It's also perfect for homeschoolers, teachers, and tutors to help you explain those awkward questions about spelling. It provides a useful guide to spelling systems to help teach spelling, and tips to help dyslexics.

English spelling

Better your spelling by knowing the reasons why spelling is so weird and wonderful.

Two neat ways to improve your spelling are knowing where words come from and agreement the history of why spelling is the mode it is.

Your volume The Reasons Why English language Spelling is then Weird and Wonderful is a real classic – it has taught me a lot – information technology should be in curriculums everywhere. Adam

spelling strategies

Want to know a secret near spelling?

Desire to recall spellings easily?

Want to know tricks that tin can help you spell?

Picket the Spelling Strategies video now.

You tin can learn these "tricks" in merely 30 minutes and you'll never struggle to recollect an important spelling again.

C6CA8136-F130-494B-AB89-071370FC42D3.jpg

How to Spell the xx Almost Commonly Misspelled Words
Workbook & Journal

unnecessary, embarrassed, separately, definitely, argument, irrelevant, responsibilities, achievement, reference, specially, occasional, committed, colleagues, liaison
These words are the most misspelled words made past native speakers according to the Oxford Dictionary, Oxford University Printing. And the worse affair is they're oftentimes misspelled on job awarding forms.

Don't be the ane who misspells these words! Acquire to spell them in thirty days.

Suitable for British and American users.

How%2Bto%2BSpell.jpg

What people are saying.

Some reviews, feedback, testimonials

Nifty site, Joanne! Accept really enjoyed reading it. We obviously think along the same lines when it comes to educational activity older students. Regards, Shireen (Spelling Essentials book past Shireen Shuster)

_20___BBC_Learning_English___Facebook.png

BBC Learning English have named Howtospell.co.uk the number 1 site for spelling: "We often get asked questions about spelling and How to Spell.co.uk is a swell site and videos…and fantastic games and quizzes."

I am then glad I plant your site. I have been struggling all my life (I am 57). I just needed some help with my spelling and there y'all are. Cheers then much. I will get there in the stop. Annette

Hello Joanne...Just wanted to say thank you for your blog. I stumbled across it the other day while searching for spelling resources for my developed learners, and I have found it so useful. Will definitely be rooting through your archives to contain your methods and tricks into my lessons. I honey the videos too. They brand explanations so much easier. Cheers! Suzanne

I'g starting to enjoy writing and spelling thanks to y'all, it ways the world to me, to be able to practise this. Information technology'due south not just for me but to set an example for my little girl, I didn't take the opportunity when I was growing upward so thanks one one thousand thousand. I still accept a fair way to go just this is a start. N.B

I highly recommend this website. It's a no nonsense resources with conspicuously explained strategies for adults. I should besides add Joanne, who is responsible for the site, takes an active part in encouraging participants. Even afterward a few days of using the strategies my spelling has measurably improved and I am starting to savour writing for the first time in my life. Matthew.

Cheers so much for your help, I am 26 and born in this state and my spelling is really bad it holds me back from a lot of things because information technology can be embarrassing. So I started instruction myself... Thank you again, S

Hi Joanne, I simply want you to know how much I appreciate your site. I am a literacy instructor in Ontario, Canada. I have sent many of my adult learners to your site and I know they have benefited quite a lot. Your videos are highly informative and help to gainsay the stigma attached to poor spelling.

About poor spellers I take worked with were never taught effective strategies for spelling when they were in schoolhouse. They ofttimes feel they are just deadening or stupid, which is rarely the case. It'due south exciting for them when they beginning learning difficult words, and their success encourages them to work even harder. Continue upwards the great work! Pamela Friedrich, Training and Learning Centre of Renfrew County

Love Joanne

I've long wanted to write to you about your emails and courses. They're a big part of why my ain spelling and writing has and then much improved recently. I discover them brusque and to the point but withal well explained and like shooting fish in a barrel to follow. Then all I really have to say is a huge give thanks y'all from the lesser of my middle for all your extraordinary help, and PLEASE continue doing them, their impact is far and wide. You can't even imagine what it means, being able to write without asking someone to aid me is like giving someone some other hazard!!

Again, thank you then much for everything yous do you're a true hero!

M, USA

For gratuitous email lessons click on the Subscribe link to a higher place.

2014-LEA_Disc-BestWebsite-Nominated.jpg

How to Spell nominated all-time English Language Website by Macmillan Dictionary in 2014, 2013 & 2012

Want to know the pronunciation of a discussion in British or American?
Then go to Macmillan Dictionaries